The Alabama Department of Commerce / AIDT in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking applicants for a (full-time) Apprenticeship Alabama Coordinator.
ANNOUNCEMENT DATE: August 17, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: September 7, 2018
PROJECTED START DATE: November 1, 2018
Resumes must be received no later than 1:00 p.m. on September 7, 2018, to be considered.
Ensure companies have the resources needed to apply for the Alabama tax credits allocated by the Alabama Department of Revenue. In addition, assist the project managers with coordinating the agreements required between all partners, including the apprentice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate apprenticeship-training programs in accordance with state and federal policies and standards.
- Assist project managers with interpreting state and federal policies governing apprenticeship training programs and provide information and assistance to trainees, training providers, and companies interested in registering with the USDOL.
- Coordinate visits with clients to ensure existing programs conform to training standards, investigate discrepancies, and submit progress reports.
- Suggest operational methods to improve existing programs and assist with the development of new training programs.
- Review and evaluate requests for training programs to include making site visits to ascertain facilities to ensure training methods meet government standards.
- Travel in and out of state as required performing job duties.
- Coordinate division resources effectively within assigned work area.
- Accept special projects and perform other work-related duties and responsibilities as assigned. Work Habits:
- Comply with all policies and procedures as set out in the Workforce Development Policy Manual.
- Plan daily/weekly work schedules.
- Maintain housekeeping to organizational standards.
- Interact professionally with co-workers, general public, and others as required.
- Comply with Workforce Development policy regarding attendance. (Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand and follow directions received from a diverse technical and management staff.
- Ability to learn internal Workforce Development processes and job specific systems.
- Ability to function in an automated work environment using computer systems, copiers, electronic mail, and telephone systems.
- Skill in communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interact professionally with company representatives, public officials, trainees, coworkers, and the general public.
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to follow established laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to work in a constant state of awareness.
- Ability to function in a team-based environment.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
AIDT Policy Manual minimum qualifications for Salary Schedule C3L are: Minimum two years experience in appropriate area of specialization; or Baccalaureate Degree from a duly accredited institution required; or two-year degree in specialization and one year industry or industrial training experience.
Criminal Background Check:
The applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a Criminal Background Check consent form and to submit a nonrefundable $25.00 payment for the cost of the criminal background check. (Note: $25.00 fee is based on possession of an Alabama Driver License. The fee for the background check may be more or less if the driver’s license is not an Alabama license.) Permanent employment will be contingent upon the results of the criminal background check.
Salary and General:
Initial placement will be based on experience and education applicable to the C3L salary schedule, within a range of $52,471 – $68,747. Paid monthly. Excellent benefits package included.
Resumes received after 1:00 p.m. on September 7, 2018, will not be considered for review.
Interviews are by appointment only. If selected for an interview, applicants must travel at their own expense to the interview site. Male applicants between the ages of 18-26 must provide proof of Selective Service Registration when requested. Employment references may be requested during the application process.
Electronic, faxed, and hand-delivered resumes WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Resumes MUST BE MAILED to the name/address as shown below:
APPRENTICESHIP ALABAMA COORDINATOR
ATTN: REGINALD TAYLOR
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS/HR
One Technology Court
Montgomery, AL 36116
AIDT is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of AIDT that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. AIDT will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. AIDT reserves the rights to withdraw, modify, or extend this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding of the position.
AIDT participates E-Verify, a Federal law that requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.