The Importance of a Registered Apprenticeship Program
Senate Bill 90 eligibility requirement for the tax credit program is based on employers having a Registered Apprenticeship program.
Registered Apprenticeships are a tried and true approach for preparing workers for jobs and meeting the business needs for a highly skilled workforce that continue to innovate and adapt to meet the needs of the 21st century.
Businesses that use apprenticeships reduce worker turnover by fostering greater employee loyalty, increasing productivity, and improving the bottom line.
Steps to Building a Registered Apprenticeship
- Explore apprenticeships as a strategy to meet your needs for skilled workers
- Partner with key players in your region to develop an apprenticeship program
- Build the core components of your apprenticeship program
- Register your program to join ApprenticeshipUSA network
- Launch your new Registered Apprenticeship program
To register your apprenticeship program and receive Technical Assistance please contact:
OFFICE OF APPRENTICESHIP
Rowland C. Dixon
State Director USDOL/ETA/OA
Medical Forum Building
950 22nd Street North, Room 648
Birmingham, Alabama 35203
Tel: (205) 731-1308